Loom from Parr, Curtis & Madeley
This loom from Parr, Curtis and Madeley from Manchester was bought by Halvor Schou in 1856 or 1859. It is a plain four-shaft loom that worked continuously in the mill for seventy years. It was given to the museum in 1927. We do not know exactly what kind of fabrics that were woven on the loom, but it might have been solid-coloured textiles as well as gingham. The loom is made of cast iron and wood. It has a flying shuttle and was belt driven. The loom can be seen in the permanent exhibition “Industry along the Aker River” in the Norsk Teknisk Museum.
On this page we provide metadata using the Dublin Core metadata format. The metadata is derived in most cases from metadata found in the source collection; in some cases we have added additional information where it was not available.